Beginning May 1, Gov. Tom Wolf has announced that certain outdoor businesses may reopen statewide but must implement state guidance, including social distancing. This includes golf courses, marinas, guided fishing trips, and privately owned campgrounds.
For example, while golf courses may allow the use of golf carts, the carts must be single occupant only, no gatherings of any kind are permitted, golfers must remain 6 feet apart, and restaurant activity is limited to take-out or delivery. Marinas may open facilities for personal or commercial use, but fishing charters with more than two clients and rental services are prohibited.
State park campgrounds will remain closed through Thursday, May 14.
Wolf noted that Centers for Disease Control guidance on visiting parks and recreational facilities must continue to be followed statewide by businesses and those engaging in outdoor activity while the state disaster declaration remains in effect. This guidance reminds Pennsylvanians to:
• Stay close to home when enjoying outdoor activities and avoid crowds.
• Practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet apart from others and wearing a mask.
• Minimize risk to others by only going out if you are healthy and have not been exposed to
• Practice good hygiene by washing hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer.
• Create a safety plan before heading outdoors to implement social distancing in your